Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ups and Downs

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28

Welcome to my newly redesigned blog! I thought the New Year was a good time to unveil a new look – especially one with a color scheme that is a bit similar to that of my new web site. I hope you will check it out at http://www.motheringlikethefather.com. I got the web site up in time to correspond with the release of my new book, Mothering Like The Father: Following God’s Example In Parenting Young Children. You can find the book on the website, at amazon.com, or at barnesandnoble.com. Clearly, 2008 ended on a high note for me.

However, we all know that what goes up must come down. I won’t get any information on my online sales for a few months, but I had been looking forward to my first speaking engagement of 2009 to sell my first copy of the new book by hand. Today was the big day, and I sold…drum roll please…none.

Now I am in a disappointed funk, questioning not only my place in this crazy world of publishing, but my very calling to spread the message God has given me through the written word. I am feeling quite inadequate. However, I recently read something that reminded me to turn disappointment into an appointment to trust God’s plan. Even though my heart hurts, my brain knows that He is in control and will bring something good from this. I will keep you posted on what that turns out to be.

I get a chance to try again next Wednesday when I have another speaking engagement, so please pray for me to have a better experience then.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and I pray that you and your family will be blessed in the new year.

No comments: