Friday, October 30, 2009

Stop to Smell the Snowballs

When snow flakes start falling, I immediately rush to an online news site to see if my kids have a snow day. I think I like snow days more than they do. These days are like little forced vacations - valid excuses to spend the day playing with my girls.

This week we had three snow days in a row. We carved out courses for the sled, made snow angels, read umpteen pages of Harry Potter (years two and six), played a dizzying number of games of Memory, found a flag and a map of Gambia for a school report, practiced memorizing the books of the Bible for Sunday school, watched too many movies, made loads of Kinzcash playing Cash Cow, and generally had fun hanging out together.

When I have a hard time slowing down to smell the roses, I can count on the snow to do it for me. I hope you get a chance to enjoy some snow time with your kids too.

Also remember to take time for yourself. I am speaking at an event called Seasons of Parenting. It features four authors speaking on various issues including keeping the spark in your marriage after kids and parenting in blended families. I am speaking on patience in parenting. I would love to see you there, on Thursday, November 12, at 7:00 pm at Kunjani Coffee in Parker. Register by November 5 at www.SensoryBibleExperiences.com. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Jan Parrish said...

I guess you are enjoying this weekend then. :) Great post.