Thursday, September 27, 2007

8 Factoids About Me

My friend Jan Parrish tagged me to tell you some things you may not know about me. Feel free to post 8 unique things about yourself!

1. I love cute stationery even though I rarely hand-write letters. I do send a lot of thank-you notes, but any other correspondence from me typically comes via e-mail.

2. EVERY time I fly I have to go through extra security screening at the airport. Just last week I had a TSA representative take each item out of my purse and swab it for explosive residue. She said there is probably someone with the same name on a security watch list. Lucky me.

3. I am a magnet for natural disaster. I have been in an earthquake, a storm at sea, was in a house when it was hit by a tornado and was in a different house when it was hit by lightening on two separate occasions.

4. I love the idea of scrapbooking and have all of the supplies, but actually making the pages just isn’t a priority right now!

5. I hate having chemicals in my food, so I spend most of my time at the grocery store reading labels.

6. I planned to go into the Peace Corps after college, but since I didn’t speak Spanish they said I would be sent to Africa – the only place I didn’t want to go! Of course they didn’t mention this until after I had gone through the entire application process, had two interviews and gave them three personal references.

7. If there was no type of food in the world but Mexican, I would be just fine.

8. I finished my college coursework in 3 ½ years, but it took 4 ½ years to get my diploma because I interned for a year doing public relations for musicians and comedians in Los Angeles.

1 comment:

Jan Parrish said...

:)Thanks for playing.

Interning for musicians and comedians? Now there's got the be a lot to write about with that experience!