Friday, April 10, 2009

Cheering For The Home Team

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

This week, my daughters started a cheerleading class. Once a week they go to learn different cheers, jumps, and tumbling techniques. They love getting to shout, sing, and root for an imaginary team.

I hope they feel well-equipped for this because they’ve always had a cheerleader at home. I make a purposeful effort to let them know I think they are the best. We celebrate their victories and rejoice in their efforts.

Everyone needs to know there is a cheerleader in their corner rooting for them no matter the challenge or the outcome.

One way we show support in our family is with the “candle of honor.” When someone makes a meaningful accomplishment, he or she gets a special candle at their place at the dinner table. Share some ways you cheer on your family members with love.

1 comment:

Karen O'Keeffe said...

I used to think that cheerleaders were horrible snobs and cursed the idea of my daughter ever becoming one of them. But one day we wondered into a cheer practice and watch the physicality and team work required. That was the day that I decided to resign my prejudice against chers and poms. I think it is my responsibility to encourage my daughter in whatever way she chooses to excersize the body God gave her to care for! GOOOOOO VIVI!!!!!